Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hello!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now. Be the good on the internet, spread the Spirit. Start an uplifting blog as a value project for Personal Progress. But I didn't. I guess I didn't really know how to start. And I guess I still don't. But the last couple of days, as I read my scriptures, the Lord has pointed out multiple verses and said "Put that on your blog," and I thought, okay, I will, when the time comes. And then I read something else and He says the same things. Again and again. So here I am. Starting my blog.

One issue I've been having is, what will I say in my first post? Should I just jump in with a random post about my life? I suppose a starting place could be introducing myself.

I'm in college. I am currently investigating the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (as in, getting baptized in a couple of weeks).

Just over a year ago, when I first became interested in the Church, a good friend of mine suggested I take a look at Personal Progress, even if I didn't finish or do the whole thing, it'd be good to help me learn about the Church. I started, but didn't get very far. But I liked it. So I've decided to finish. I'll probably post things about Personal Progress.

The Church is oh-so-important to me. Nowhere else have I found doctrines and believers who can support me and bring me hope as I have found here. I love the scriptures, and I'll probably post about them. I love my people, so I'll probably talk about them.

I'm recovering from a restrictive eating disorder. I currently battle depression and anxiety. So those things will likely make it into my posts.

And dance. I love to dance. I love dance more than any other activity. I absolutely love it. You'll learn about dance things, probably, too. Ballet is my favorite, followed by tap and contemporary modern.

I think that's about all I have to say about myself. If you're reading, thanks! And forgive me, because I'm new at this bloggy thing and I'll probably not know what's going on in the beginning.

This is going to be a crazy journey, but I think I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment