Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Sunday: He Always Comes

Easter is the most important day for any Christian. Of course I'll blog about it. I'm a day late because my Easter Sunday was spent with family. If I was a smart blogger, I would have written a post beforehand, knowing I'd be busy all Sunday. But I wasn't exactly in the Easter mood a few days ago. It would have been a really bad Easter post.


"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.

But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.

No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come."

-Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Sunday Will Come"


Last week was a Friday. A really long week, where my world was shattered and I was left to look at the pieces of what I thought had been glued back together. I thought I was healed, and then last week happened. I won't go into details about what I experienced, but it was bad. That's all that matters. It was bad. I had hope that the Lord would heal my life, but I didn't know when that would happen; I kind of assumed I'd be in a funk this week, too. 

I received a priesthood blessing (I get a lot of those) on Monday night for my anxiety. I didn't really feel healed. I had faith in the priesthood, but I couldn't think a coherent sentence enough to know that I'd feel better (I could use this opportunity to talk about the faith to not be healed, but that's a whole post all by itself). Tuesday was hard. Wednesday looked up a little bit, but I fell apart again that night. Thursday, I was dying again. I received another blessing on Friday morning. Friday afternoon, I left school to spend Easter week at home with my family. Saturday was average. 



But on Sunday morning, the power of the resurrection filled me. My family and I woke up with the sun to celebrate the Son. We sang of His rising, His victory, His living still today; We sang of His leading us through life, we sang He "is the life that will never, never die." We read scriptures describing that morning, when women looked for Him but the tomb was empty. He arose! We spoke of His atoning sacrifice, how He took our sins upon Him, that He gives us victory, that He gives us hope. We lifted prayers of hope and thanksgiving for the gifts of family and new life in Christ Jesus. I was filled with hope and joy and new life. The Savior lifted me out of my emotional grave with HIm on Sunday morning, and lifted me up to joy greater than I could have imagined. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light.

Oh, there's sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll.
When Jesus shows his smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

There is music in my soul today,
A carol to my King,
And Jesus listening can hear
The songs I cannot sing.

Oh, there's sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll.
When Jesus shows his smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

There is springtime in my soul today,
For when the Lord is near,
The dove of peace sings in my heart,
The flow'rs of grace appear.

Oh, there's sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll.
When Jesus shows his smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

There is gladness in my soul today,
And hope and praise and love,
For blessings which he gives me now,
For joys "laid up" above.

Oh, there's sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll.
When Jesus shows his smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I know that Easter is real, that Jesus Christ, my Savior and your Savior, did walk this earth, feel every pain and joy we feel, and did rise from His grave. Because of Him, we have help through the Fridays of this life. Because He lives, we know that Sunday will come. He rose from the grave, and so will we, the spiritual graves of sins and mistakes and sicknesses, and the physical grave. He is our salvation. He lives and He loves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment