Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Just a Little Bit About Temples

"To members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 
the temple is the most sacred place on earth. It is the house of the Lord."


This picture is from the newly completed Montreal Quebec Temple. Isn't that beautiful? 

~ ~ ~

Temples are very special places to Latter-Day Saints. They are difference than our regular meetinghouses, where we worship every Sunday. In temples, we worship more intently, and perform ordinances like marriage and others that will link our families together for eternity. For a brief overview about Latter-Day Saint temples, read here. After you read that, click here to learn even more. 


Right now, we have TEN temples under construction, on four continents. That's so cool. To see where these temples are located and how far along they are, read this story from Mormon Newsroom

~ ~ ~

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment